Name: Reid McCandless
Hometown: Fort Mill, SC
1. Do you like chocolate?
If I was stranded on an island with nothing but chocolate, I would be fairly satisfied.
2. What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
One time I left the house without double knotting my shoes… nuff said.
3. What is your favorite movie?
Ooooh man! I adore movies. This is such a hard question. Hm… I guess I must say The Prestige, Directed by Christopher Nolan, closely followed by EVERYTHING CHRISTOPHER NOLAN DIRECTS (Dark Knight trilogy); then Lord of the rings, Gladiator, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, O Brother Where art Thou… and many many many more… Oh yeah, all Pixar (minus Wall-e), and Shrek, and Disney…
4. If you lived on Sesame Street, who would you want to be your neighbor?
Sesame Street? Let’s talk Power Rangers, the red ranger; I would live next to the red ranger.
5. What is your favorite part of the human face? Why?
The nose. Out of all facial features, it just has this way of sticking out.
6. Name the last thing you ate.
Doritos, thank you super cool roommate, Evan Smith, for buying them!
7. What song always makes you happy?
I love music! At the moment “Flesh and Bone” by The Killers makes me quite happy. Also “Little Talks”, by Of Monsters and Men. More importantly, the cover version of “Little Talks” by Once Hollow Men [upcoming band from Clinton, SC. Featuring Dustin Vaughn on piano and vocals, Luke Schneider on guitar and vocals, and me… on violin, also manager Evan Smith]. (free publicity!!)
8. Do you like to dance?
“The Puppeteer,” “The Pulp Fiction,” “The Crocodile,” “The Cross Room,” I don’t just love dance, I create dance
9. What do you consider to be your most annoying flaw?
My most annoying flaw is that when I run a lot, my legs and body and everything hurts a lot. This does not help any with Cross Country.
10. Are you left handed or right handed?
11. Who is (or who would be) number one on your speed dial?
My family, of course!
12. If you were a crayon, what color would you want to be? Why?
If I were a crayon, I would be green. The green crayon is right in the middle of the color spectrum, meaning it gets to be in the middle of the box where it can easily converse with all the other crayons. The green crayon is also not as cool as red, so it will probably last a little longer and not get run down or broken in half.
13. Did your parents plan a name in the event you were born the opposite
gender? If so, what was it?
The inability to pass on the family lineage would have meant immediate disownment. It was not considered.
14. What is your favorite class to study for?
My favorite class to study for is probably English. Reading is da bomb.
15. Why did you choose to come to PC?
I chose Presbyterian college, because I knew that no other college would give me the opportunity to talk about myself seriously with a bit of exaggeration and sarcasm for the school newspaper.